The renovation of the old Perkins Plumbing building in downtown Morganton is the most significant move since the founding of the Burke Arts Council over forty-four years ago! Upon completion, the larger space will allow us to provide more cultural and educational opportunities that will spark creativity, imagination, and innovation while strengthening the economic growth of our community.
Position: Administrative Assistant/Marketing Associate
To provide support services and perform in a professional and efficient manner, supporting all arts council activities, promoting the public image of the arts council, and attracting new arts enthusiasts.
Job Summary/ Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Burke Arts Council is seeking a creative and organized Marketing Associate who will implement dynamic marketing and outreach initiatives. Applicants for the position must have experience in social media marketing and committed to community collaboration.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Generate a strong media presence and manage all social media for events, classes, and exhibitions.
- Strategically schedule and post all social media content on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Assist in the development of creative materials through digital media, print, web, and radio to connect with target audiences.
- Communicate with artists and partners to participate in BAC’s digital campaigns.
- Create and send out weekly eblasts to promote upcoming events and other opportunities.
- Present frequent reports to the executive director and/ or board of directors.
- Responsibilities will also include greeting gallery visitors, answering phones, opening and closing the gallery, assisting the director and associates with a variety of projects, event organization, database entry and managing and updating the gallery contact/ donor lists.
Requirements and Qualifications
- A passion for the arts and community.
- A positive disposition; optimistic yet realistic.
- Self-motivated, organized, and dependable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in navigating the web, using social media and communicating via email.
- This will start as a part-time, virtual position, with 15 – 20 hours per week as we begin to open our new building. The starting hourly rate is $15. The position will ultimately become full-time status.
- Send cover letter, resume, and two letters of reference to Deborah Jones, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please list Marketing Associate in the Subject line.
The Burke Arts Council is an inclusive employer and adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission standards. Burke Arts does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, military status, or economic status.