PICTURES OF THE PRESENT. PICTURES FOR THE FUTURE.
A Project of the Burke Youth Health Coalition
The Burke Arts Council, in collaboration with Burke Recovery and Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge Arts in Medicine, is pleased to announce the third annual Vocal Lens Photography Competition and Exhibition. Join students from Burke County as we bring A VOCAL LENS to areas around health and wellness in our community.
“Since 2017, the main focus of this competition has been to improve the quality of Burke County. This year, photo submissions come in two parts: a challenge to health and wellness, and a potential solution to that challenge. The purpose of this is to tell a story. This concept must be represented in two digital images with a title that symbolizes their connection. For example, in capturing an image of the homeless community, one could take a picture of abandoned apartments and title it “Wasted Potential.” It is important that the solution is attainable and accurately captures the goal in action. It is much more impactful to depict the process of a park being cleaned rather than simply displaying the end result of a clean park. The premise of this competition is to get a wider variety of input towards potential problems, as well as solutions, in our community. We, the Burke Youth Health Coalition, wish you the best of luck!”
- Step 1: Identify and take a picture of a challenge AND a potential solution to that challenge in Burke County.
- Step 2: Tell a story through your title submission that symbolizes the connection between the two photographs.
- Step 3: Submit below.
VOCAL LENS PHOTOGRAPHY RULES:
- Online submissions begins Friday, November 1, 2019
- Entries accepted through March 31, 2020
- Contestants must live in Burke County, ages 12 – 18.
- All photos must be submitted in digital format: jpg., png.
- Entries must contain name, phone number, grade, and school.
- Photos must be original.
- We reserve the right to deny the exhibition of inappropriate images. Please do not submit pictures that include the faces of individuals.
- MOST ATTAINABLE SOLUTION: I-Pad
- First, Second, and Third place AMAZON Gift Card.
- Photographs will be judged for selection by a committee of local professional leaders.
Please contact Carolinas Healthcare System Blue Ridge- Arts in Medicine program for more
information or questions 828-580-6214
Vocal Lens is sponsored by Burke Youth Health Coalition, Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge, Burke Arts Council, and Rotary Club of Morganton.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR IMAGES: Please submit images (saved as .jpg., JPEG) by completing the form below.