A Vibrant Arts Scene Creates A Better Community
You Can Help Make This Vision A Reality!
OUR NEW HOME
Our new home at 506 S. Sterling Street is much larger than our previous home and with it comes a larger vision of what the Burke Arts Council will mean to our community.
This vision includes:
- Improved Gallery Spaces
- Studio Spaces
- Classroom Space
- Children’s Theatre
- Artist-in-Residence Programs
- Expansive opportunities for artists including educational services tailored to artists’ needs in today’s economy and an inclusive directory of artists, resources, and arts events in western North Carolina
- Source for professional artist supplies
- Outdoor Event Space
- Allow for comprehensive, increased programming in our schools
The mission of the Burke Arts Council is to enrich the quality of life in Burke County through cultural and artistic activities.
RICH IN HISTORY
It was February 1977 when a new chapter for the arts opened in Burke County. Dick Gordon championed the effort and was quickly joined by a passionate group of residents to create a community arts center. The last forty-plus years, so rich in history, have created many success stories and shaped a thriving arts community that continues to enrich our county. We are grateful for the countless advocates who have shared in the growth and success of the Burke Arts Council over the years.
The sustainability of the Burke Arts Council is a valuable investment in our community. We invite you to play a part in our future by making a gift. Your financial support will help us to purchase a new building that will serve as a hub for our community’s cultural life.
- Art Gallery/Professional Exhibitions
- Artist Sales Gallery
- Regional Artists Project Grants
ARTS IN EDUCATION
Enhancing student learning through arts experiences
sparks creativity and is fundamental to our mission.
- cART Wheels Grants
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Summer Art Camp
- GrassRoots Grants Program
- T.A.P.S (Traditional Arts Program for Students)
STUDENT ARTS EXHIBITIONS & COLLABORATIONS
- BCPS Middle Schools
- BCPS High Schools/Vocal Lens
- Morganton Day School
- Western Piedmont Community College
COMMUNITY & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Investing in the arts yields strong economic benefits. Whether serving the local community or out-of-town visitors, a vibrant arts industry helps local businesses thrive.
Communities that support the arts not only enhance their quality of life; they also invest in their economic well-being. An investment in the arts supports jobs, generates revenue, and is a cornerstone of tourism.
- Downtown Art Crawls
- October Oyster & Shrimp Festival
- Film Events with Art Genre
- Annual Y-Art Sale on the square
- Frequent Collaborations with local non-profits, retail establishments, schools, and community service organizations.
- Public art projects
SO MANY WAYS TO HELP…
Print out the gift commitment form HERE
Call for other options like stock gifts, multi-year installments,
and memorial gifts. Deborah Jones, 828-433-7282