CALL FOR ART – THE BURKE ARTS COUNCIL FOND FAREWELL TO THE JAILHOUSE!
Calling for Art from Artists who have exhibited their work at the Jailhouse Gallery of the Burke Arts Council.
We are so excited to announce this interesting and diverse showing of artwork. The Fond Farewell to the Jailhouse exhibition will celebrate the spirit of the artists at the heart of our organization.
After forty-four years of promoting the arts in Burke County, the Burke Arts Council will move from the Jailhouse to make way for the City of Morganton to create a beautiful outdoor space. The move for the Burke Arts Council will take place in the spring of 2020 and the construction of the outdoor space/ amphitheater will begin in the fall of 2020.
This reunion exhibition will share the history of our organization while demonstrating the ways that we continue to move forward.
Exhibition Dates: February 21 – March 31, 2020
Opening Reception: Friday, February 21, 5 until 8PM
- All current and former artists are invited to exhibit. Each artist may provide one piece of artwork.
- Family members of deceased artists are welcome and encouraged to participate!
- Maximum dimensions of 2-D work should not exceed 48″ in any direction.
- Drop-off of your artwork February 7 –17 between 11AM and 3PM.
- Submit the online form (below) or deliver the completed pdf form by February 14, 2020.
- Work submitted must be labeled on the back with the following:
- Artist name
- Year Produced
- Sale Price
- Artist Email Address
- Artist Phone Number
We invite all musicians to participate as we’ll be having musical events throughout the month of March.
We encourage everyone to share a memory (such as a photo or a written story) of your experiences and how the Jailhouse affected your artistic journey.
Call for Art Form (pdf)