Downtown Morganton Third Thursday Art Crawl – July 15!
- Hamilton Williams Gallery: Newly arrived to Downtown Morganton, stained glass artist, Amy Brooks, and her husband, Scott, will be on hand to meet the Morganton community. Food, beverages, & live music by singer/songwriter, Todd Greene.
- City Hall: Cindy Douglass – Mixed Media. Cindy uses mixed media of acrylic with clay pinwheels and copper accents which represent the currents behind her dreams, while her two dimensional Adventure Series paintings showcase small bits of remembered dreams.Courtney Long, Professional Crafts Coordinator for WPCC – clay demonstrations on the wheel and promoting professional crafts curriculum at WPCC. Refreshments will be provided by the Community House.
- Adventure Bound Books: “Bookshops are dreams built of wood and paper. They are time travel and escape and knowledge and power. They are, simply put, the best of places.” ~ Jen CampbellAdventure Bound Books opened its doors in 2018 in a cozy 550 square foot space and is now celebrating their upcoming August move into a larger space to support their growth, community vision, and plans for new programming and events. Help us celebrate our current “place” on N. Sterling St. with a moving sale – in-stock books are 20% off! Then, join us as we adventure to our new place next month and continue to build this bookshop dream.
- West Union Art Studios: Pottery demos throughout the evening and light drinks
- Mountain Gallery & Gifts: 10% off all artwork in store and 10% off any workshop sign up during the Art crawl, Open until 7
- Craft’d: Our Featured Artist is Tinkerman Craft, maker of fine leather goods, canvas bags and jewelry. Enjoy a Peach Bellini or a glass of wine or beer on tap and shop with our 11 local artisan crafters.
- Morganton Savings Bank: “Places Exhibition” – Regional artists have painted gorgeous artwork of their favorite places. The artwork will be displayed on easels on the beautiful lawn of this Morganton landmark. “The Standard Pour Company” will be there serving up yummy champagne cocktails. And the Burke Arts Council will be on the lawn for some tie-dye fun!