Bringing Artists and Community Together
A Fundraising Event to Benefit the Burke Arts Council
Saturday, September 23, 2023
The Burke Arts Council is hosting an art auction fundraiser where community leaders and local artists have teamed up to create one-of-a-kind artwork that will be auctioned off to the public on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at the Burke Arts Council.
Inspired by other local celebrity events, “Designing Duos” will feature a live auction of the art created by the designing duo teams. The goal of the event is not only to raise funds to support local arts programming and education, but also to shine a spotlight on local artists and community leaders.
The event starts at 6PM and tickets are available on BAC’s website for $60 BAC members and $70 for non-members. Admission to the event includes heavy hors d’oeuvres, adult beverages, and music by Daniel Leich & Vivian Torres. A silent auction featuring specialty items and handcrafted artwork will also be part of the event. Plus there will be a special guest – “The Poetry Fox” will be on hand to write a poem just for you!
We are so grateful for the creativity and commitment of these duos:
- NC School of Science and Mathematics Vice Chancellor & Chief Campus Officer Kevin Baxter & NC School of Science and Mathematics Instructor of Visual Arts and clay artist, Courtney Long;
- Benjamin & Libba’s owners Libba and Ben Belton & fashion designer Aleshia Matthews;
- Community Foundation of Burke County President & CEO Nancy Taylor & Thistle & Twig Floral Designs Kahly Antal
- Little Guatemala’s Christian Ramazzini & metal artist Josh Smith
- Retired basketball coach and current General Manager at Silver Creek Plantation Golf Course Terry Rogers & woodworker Tom Denne
- Brown Mountain Bottleworks owners Lynn & Mike Brown and fiber artist Gisella Bourg-Williamson
- Charles Borromeo Church Pastor Father Ken Whittington & acrylic artist Guadalupe “Lulu” Ruiz.
As the Burke Arts Council moves forward with its 49-year-old mission in a new location on South Sterling Street, BAC members are grateful to the artists and leaders who have chosen to participate in this imaginative fundraiser for the arts in Burke County. We hope to see you there!