“Objects, Art, & Furniture Flip”
A fundraiser in support of the Burke Arts Council and Habitat for Humanity of Burke County.
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Habitat for Humanity
of Burke County ReStore
111 Independence Blvd., Morganton, NC
- Let the bidding begin! Items from the Habitat ReStore in Burke County, meticulously restored, repurposed, and available to the public at this fun auction & sale!
- Music provided by Joe Hasty
- Catering by Queen’s Catering with food provided by Food Matters Market
- Beer & Wine will be served.
- Tickets will go on sale on May 6 and will be available at Habitat for Humanity of Burke County ReStore or online.
$25 (in advance), $30 (day of the event & at the door)
You can score a free ticket to this fun event by being a “flipper” - plus you'll be eligible for a fabulous prize!
- Visit Habitat ReStore, 111 Independence Blvd, Morganton Wednesdays and Saturdays, now through June 15, 10 AM – 4 PM in search of items. Eligible items will be clearly tagged. Don't see an item that piques your interest? Ask for Jason, Marla, or Samantha! Or use this link to flip your own item.
- Tagged Items will come at no cost to the flipper. The flipper is responsible for the materials to repurpose.
- Flipper must provide before & after photos of the flipped items.
- No more than 2 items per flipper, please.
- Flippers must provide photo ID & meet with Jason Digh, ReStore Manager when choosing your item(s) to repurpose
- Each flipper providing item(s) for the auction will receive one complimentary ticket to the June 23rd event.
- Work your creative magic and deliver the item(s) to the Burke Arts Council between the hours of noon - 4PM, Monday, June 13 - Saturday, June 18.
- The re-imagined item will be sold to raise funds for the Burke Arts Council and Habitat for Humanity, at the “Objects, Art, & Furniture Flip” Fundraiser on Thursday, June 23 @ 6PM (Live auction and silent auction). All proceeds will benefit Habitat for Humanity of Burke County & the Burke Arts Council
- Cash prizes to flippers: 1) Audience favorite and 2) Largest profit.
Free Workshops! You don’t have to be an artist to participate, just put your creativity & imagination to work or attend one of these workshops (registration is required for these free workshops):
- Saturday, April 9, 10:30AM at the Burke Arts Council (Lower Level): there will be a workshop where flippers can bring their projects and receive assistance with minor wood/furniture repairs as well as limited metalwork (cutting and grinding, and welding of small metal/non-aluminum items). Registration is required for this workshop REGISTER
- Saturday, April 30, 10:30 AM at Habitat ReStore: Yard Art & Furniture painting demo. REGISTER
- Choose items at ReStore of Burke County 10AM – 4PM, Wednesdays & Saturdays, April 2 - June 15.
- May 6: Tickets to the June 23rd Event go on sale.
- Deliver your reimagined item(s) to the Burke Arts Council no later than Saturday, June 18.
Enjoy the Flip Fundraiser at 6pm on Thursday, June 23, 2022, Habitat for Humanity of Burke County ReStore.
Questions? Contact Deborah Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Marla Black at email@example.com