PICTURES OF THE PRESENT. PICTURES FOR THE FUTURE.
A Project of the Burke Youth Health Coalition
The Burke Arts Council, in collaboration with Burke Recovery and Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge Arts in Medicine, is pleased to announce the second annual Vocal Lens Photography Competition and Exhibition. Join students from Burke County as we bring A VOCAL LENS to areas around health and wellness in our community.
WHAT: Submit an image of your choice in these categories:
- Benefiting Health and Wellness in Burke County
- Challenges to Health and Wellness in Burke County
- (You may submit one image in each category but no more than 2 total).
- Each image must have a title and a short sentence caption explaining the meaning of your photo and how it relates to health in our community.
VOCAL LENS PHOTOGRAPHY RULES:
- Online submissions begin Monday, September 1, 2018
- Entry Deadline: All entries received by Monday, October 1, 2018
- Contestants must live in Burke County, ages 12 – 18.
- All work must be original and photographed in Burke County in the last year.
- Entries must contain name, phone number, grade, school, and detailed caption.
- Photos should NOT include faces of individuals.
- Exhibit: October 25, 2018 – January 1, 2019 at CHS Blue Ridge
- Reception and awards ceremony: Thursday, October 25. 4:30 – 6pm at the Atrium at Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge- Morganton Campus.
- OVERALL BEST IN SHOW – New Tablet or Computer
- First in each category – $250 AMAZON GIFT CARD
- Second in each category
We reserve the right to deny the exhibition of inappropriate images. Please do not submit pictures that include the faces of individuals. Photographs will be judged for selection by a committee of local professional leaders.
Please contact Carolinas Healthcare System Blue Ridge- Arts in Medicine program for more
information or questions 828-580-5697
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR IMAGES:
DIGITAL APPLICATION (ONLINE): Please submit images (saved as .jpg., JPEG) on the Burke Arts Council website by completing the form below.