VOCAL LENS PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
PICTURES OF THE PRESENT. PICTURES FOR THE FUTURE.
A Project of the Burke Youth Health Coalition
WHEN: September 12, 2017 thru January 1, 2018
The Burke Arts Council, in collaboration with Burke Recovery and Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge, is pleased to announce the first Vocal Lens Photography Competition and Exhibition.
Join students from Burke County, ages 12 – 18 as we bring A VOCAL LENS to areas around health and wellness in our community.
WHAT: Submit an image of your choice that promotes health and wellness in Burke County, OR one that depicts challenges to health and wellness in Burke County. (You may submit one image in each category but no more than 2 total).
Each image must have a title and a detailed caption (max 750 characters) explaining the meaning of your photo and how it relates to health in our community.
VOCAL LENSE PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBIT TIMELINE:
- Online submissions begin Monday, September 12, 2017
- Entry Deadline EXTENDED: All entries received by Monday, October 23, 2017
- Forty photographs (20 in each category) will be selected. Photographers will be notified by October 30, 2017.
- Exhibit: November 6, 2017 – January 1, 2018 at CHS Blue Ridge
- Reception and awards ceremony: Thursday, November 9, 2017. 4:30 – 6pm at Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge- Morganton Campus.
- Promoting Health and Wellness in Burke County
- Challenges to Health and Wellness in Burke County
- OVERALL BEST IN SHOW: Students Choice of Tablet or Computer
- First (In each category): $200 Amazon Gift Card
- Second (In each category): $100 Amazon Gift Card
- All work must be original and photographed in Burke County in the last year.
- Contestants must live in Burke County and be 12-18 years old.
- We reserve the right to deny the exhibition of inappropriate images. Please do not submit pictures that include the faces of individuals.
- Photographs will be judged for selection by a committee of local professional leaders.
- Juror of Awards: Awards will be selected by TBD
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR IMAGES:
- DIGITAL APPLICATION (ONLINE): Please submit images (saved as .jpg., JPEG) on the Burke Arts Council website by completing the form below.
- Please indicate on the submission form if you would like your work to travel and be shown at additional venues throughout the county.
- Framing: The final 40 pieces (20 in each category) will be printed and framed at no cost to the photographer. Framed work will be returned at the end of the exhibit.
Please contact Carolinas Healthcare System Blue Ridge- Arts in Medicine program for more information or questions 828-580-5397