October Oyster and Shrimp Festival – A Local Favorite! OCTOBER 17, 2015
Click HERE to see a Video of last year’s event!
This is the 13th Annual October Oyster and Shrimp Festival, an annual fundraiser for the Burke Arts Council. The event will take place on Saturday, October 17, 2015 on the Old Court House Square and the Burke Arts Council property at 115 E Meeting Street in Downtown Morganton. The event begins at 1pm and goes until 8pm.
- CONTINUOUS LIVE MUSIC: THE GLEN ALPINE FIDDLE CLUB; WILMINGTON’S CHRIS BELLAMY; CONTINENTAL DIVIDE
- ON THE MENU: Fried and Steamed Oysters, Fried and Boiled Shrimp, Clam Chowder, Barbecue, Hamburgers, plus all the fixings Soft drinks, Craft Beer and Wine will also be available as well as coffee and dessert.
- IN THE GALLERY: The Burke Arts Council Gallery will be showcasing the work of fifty –four artists in THE SECOND ANNUAL JURIED PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITION. The gallery will be open throughout the day and there is no admission to view the exhibit.
- FONTA FLORA BREWERY will be collecting oyster shells during the event to then brew two new and exciting oyster beers, one of which will be a very traditional oyster stout.
- CATAWBA BREWERY: “Our Morganton facility is currently operating at capacity, producing almost 8000 barrels per year. This Fall, we will expand to three times that size. Catawba Brewing Co. takes time out of this exciting growth phase to share a beer with the Burke Arts Council at the 2015 Oyster Outing. Enjoy our delicious, sessionable beers brewed right here in Morganton since 1999. See you at the Oyster Outing!”
- SILVER FORK WINERY will be serving up a handful of their wines – a selection of whites & reds that will pair nicely with all of the food at the Oyster & Shrimp Festival! Silver Fork Winery’s refined and distinctive Bordeaux style wines are crafted with superior quality in mind, reflecting the unique natural qualities found only in the rich soils of the Western North Carolina Mountains. Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot will be available by the glass – or take home a bottle of this fine wine!
- ADMISSION: Admission to the event is free. The food and drink is available for purchase.
- OUR SPONSORS: Haugen-Carver Financial ~ Morganton Honda ~ Valdese Cleaners ~ Crescent Communities ~ Alex Lee, Inc. ~ Carolina Healthcare System, Blue Ridge ~ Morganton Animal Clinic ~ Gragg Orthodontics ~ Dr. Amy Brooks ~ Morganton Natural Foods ~ McCombs & Hoke Real Estate John Greene Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep ~ Gresham Orrison, MD ~ Morganton Savings ~ Morganton Downtown Development ~ Norvell Properties ~ Gregory Jewelers ~ The Boat House ~ The News Herald ~ EJ Victor, Inc ~ Sun Trust Bank ~ Wall Lumber ~ Martin Sohovich/Edward Jones ~ Wells Fargo Advisors- Anita Trescott/Bob Baia ~ Jeff & Alison Stark ~ Robert and Mary Marcia Salsbury ~ Case Farms ~ Heritage Propane ~ Timberwoods/Friday Friends
The event is a major fundraiser for the Burke Arts Council’s general operating fund. The Burke Arts Council is grateful for the generous support from our sponsors. Without them, this event would not be possible. If you would like information on sponsorship and the benefits of underwriting the event, please call Deborah Jones, Executive Director, 828-433-7282, or email email@example.com
For more information, please call the Burke Arts Council. 828-433-7282