Burke County Habitat for Humanity and the Burke Arts Council invite all members of our community to
participate in a Flippin’ Fun Fundraiser !
Habitat for Humanity of Burke County and the Burke Arts Council are presenting a fun event on Thursday, January 31, 2019. An auction/sale event to be held at CoMMA. Come and bid on or purchase some very interesting items! Both organizations will share the proceeds of the event.
Music by Centerpiece Jazz Quintet – Food, Wine & Beer.
Tickets are $25 (before January 25th) ($30 after) and can be purchased at the Habitat/ReStore; the Burke Arts Council; or on the BAC website.
Interested in being a “flipper” and get a free ticket to the event? Here’s how:
- Flippers will scour the Habitat ReStore located at 111 Independence Blvd in Morganton in search of specific project items, such as a set of old chairs to reupholster or an item that can be completely re-purposed. Make it artsy, or make it be something new altogether!
- Work some magic on the item and deliver it to CoMMA.
- The re-created items will be included in the auction/sale.
- Each flipper that participates will receive one complimentary ticket to the event.
- Items will be sold in one of the following categories: Purchase; Silent Auction; Live Auction.
- You don’t have to be an artist to participate – just have a little imagination!!
- Notable Dates:
- Choose items at the ReStore through January 21, 2019.
- January 28 and 29: Deliver your flipped items to CoMMA (noon – 4PM)
- January 30 & 31 : Open to the public to preview the items at CoMMA.
- January 31: Event at CoMMA 5 til 8PM.
- Tickets: $25 (Pre-sale) can be purchased below. ($30 after January 25) FREE for “Flippers”!!
- General Information:
- There is no cost for the ReStore item that will be re-purposed.
- Flippers are responsible for the supplies necessary to complete the project
- Flippers are responsible for transportation of the item to CoMMA.
- Flipper must meet with Tammy Angi, Restore Manager to complete the paperwork and must provide picture ID to remove the item from the Restore.
- One ticket to the event per flipper.
- People’s Choice Voting will take place the evening of the event.
- MARLA BLACK, HABITAT OF HUMANITY OF BURKE COUNTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR 828-437-0370
- OR DEBORAH JONES, BURKE ARTS COUNCIL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR 828-433-7282.