Burke County Habitat for Humanity/ ReStore and the Burke Arts Council invite all members of our community to
participate in a flippin’ fun fundraiser !
Interested supporters (flippers) will search the HABITAT RESTORE for items that can be re-purposed, and then flipped for a profit to benefit both organizations.
- Flippers will scour the Habitat ReStore located at 111 Independence Blvd in Morganton in search of specific project items, such as a set of old chairs to reupholster or an item that can be completely re-purposed. Make it artsy, or make it be something new altogether!
- Work some magic on the item and deliver it to CoMMA.
- The re-created items will be included in an auction and sale, a ticketed event to be held at CoMMA on Thursday, November 8, 5 – 8PM.
- Habitat/ReStore and the Burke Arts Council will share the proceeds of the event.
- Each flipper that participates will receive one complimentary ticket to the event.
- Items will be sold in one of the following categories: Purchase; Silent Auction; Live Auction.
- You don’t have to be an artist to participate – just have a little imagination!!
- Notable Dates:
- September 18th through October 31st for choosing the items at the Restore.
- November 2nd or November 5th: Deliver the flipped items to CoMMA, Noon til 4PM.
- November 7th & 8th : Preview the items at CoMMA.
- November 8th: Event at CoMMA 5 til 8PM.
- October 1st: Tickets go on sale: $25. ($30 at the door).
- Some very generous sponsors are making this event possible:
- Appetizers provided by the PATTON HIGH SCHOOL Culinary Classes
- Music by Joe Hasty and Centerpiece Jazz.
- Wine provided by the Kitchen Connection.
- General Information:
- There is no cost to the flipper for the Restore item that will be re-purposed.
- Flippers are responsible for the supplies necessary to complete the project
- Flippers are responsible for transportation of the item.
- Flipper must meet with Tammy Angi, Restore Manager to complete the paperwork and must provide picture ID to remove the item from the Restore.
- One ticket to the event per flipper. When you deliver the item to CoMMA, you will receive your free ticket to the event.
- People’s Choice Voting will take place the evening of the event.
- MARLA BLACK, HABITAT OF HUMANITY OF BURKE COUNTYEXECUTIVE DIRECTOR 828-437-0370
- OR DEBORAH JONES, BURKE ARTS COUNCIL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR 828-433-7282.