PICTURES OF THE PRESENT. PICTURES FOR THE FUTURE.
A Project of the Burke Youth Health Coalition
The Burke Arts Council, in collaboration with Burke Recovery and Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge Arts in Medicine, is pleased to announce the second annual Vocal Lens Photography Competition and Exhibition. Join students from Burke County as we bring A VOCAL LENS to areas around health and wellness in our community.
WHAT: Submit an image of your choice in these categories:
- Benefits Health and Wellness in Burke County
- Challenges to Health and Wellness in Burke County
- (You may submit one image in each category but no more than 2 total).
VOCAL LENS PHOTOGRAPHY RULES:
- Online submissions begin Monday, September 1, 2018
- Entries accepted through Monday, October 1, 2018
- Contestants must live in Burke County, ages 12 – 18.
- All work must be original and photographed in Burke County in the last year.
- All photos must be digita format: jpg., png.
- Entries must contain name, phone number, grade, and school.
- Each image must have a title with a sentence/ caption explaining the meaning of your photo.
- Photos should NOT include faces of individuals.
- Reception and awards ceremony: Thursday, November 1. 4:30 – 6pm at the Atrium at Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge- Morganton Campus.
- OVERALL BEST IN SHOW – I-Pad
- AMAZON Gift Cards for first and second in each category!
- We reserve the right to deny the exhibition of inappropriate images. Please do not submit pictures that include the faces of individuals. Photographs will be judged for selection by a committee of local professional leaders.
Please contact Carolinas Healthcare System Blue Ridge- Arts in Medicine program for more
information or questions 828-580-5697
Vocal Lens is sponsored by Burke Recovery, Burke Youth Coalition, Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge, Burke Youth, Burke Arts Council, Rotary Club of Morganton, and Burke County United Way !
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR IMAGES:
DIGITAL APPLICATION (ONLINE): Please submit images (saved as .jpg., JPEG) on the Burke Arts Council website by completing the form below.