2017 -18 Regional Artist Project Grant (RAP-G)
Area Counties Accepting Applications from Regional Artists
Applications for 2017 – 18 Regional Artist Projects Grants for artists residing in Alexander, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba or McDowell Counties are now being accepted. This annual grant, for up to $1,500 provides financial support to professional artists at any stage in their careers.
- Grants can be awarded in all arts disciplines. The deadline for applications is Friday, October 13, 2017, at 5:00 pm. Late applications cannot be accepted. Awards will be announced by early November.
- The Regional Artist Projects Grants Program focuses on career development of both the individual and artistic groups. Recipients of the grant may use the funding for specific career advancement including, but not limited to, career promotion, travel expenses, supplies & equipment, training, and competition/completion of new work.
- To be eligible for consideration, all application proposals should be written with a specific project in mind. A one-on-one meeting with a sponsoring organization executive director is required.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and should possess a strong record of artistic accomplishment appropriate to the stage of his/her career. Candidates cannot be full-time college students.
- The Regional Artist Project Grants Program is supported by a grant from the North Carolina Arts Council and sponsored locally with matching monies from the United Arts Council of Catawba County, Caldwell Arts Council, the Hiddenite Center, McDowell Arts Council Association, Burke Arts Council and the Rock School Arts Foundation.
- To receive guidelines or an application or to schedule a one-on-one meeting with a sponsoring organization, please call one of the following:
Pete Woods, The Hiddenite Center, Alexander County, 828-632-6966, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah Jones, Burke Arts Council, 828-433-7282, email@example.com
Lindsay Barrick, Caldwell Arts Council, 828-754-2486 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Greathouse, United Arts Council of Catawba County, 828-324-4906, email@example.com
Susan Pyatt-Baker, McDowell Arts Council Association, 828-652-8610, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Furr, Rock School Arts Foundation, 828-879-2129, email@example.com
- TIPS FOR COMPLETING THE APPLICATION. TIP SHEET – RAP-G
- RAP-G Guidelines 2017-18
- RAP-G Application 2017-18