- $1000 Best of Show, plus additional cash and merchandise awards
- All accepted paintings receive APS Special Membership points toward Signature Status
Online Entry Deadline ……………………… Midnight, July 16th
Notice of Acceptance sent (e-mail) ………….. August 8th
Shipped work due ……………………………. October 2nd to October 6th
Hand delivery of artwork ……………………. October 17th 10am to 1pm
Opening Reception …………………………… October 21st 5pm to 7pm
Show Closes …………………………………. November 17th
Hand Pick-up & Shipped work returned …….. November 17th 1pm to 4pm
- 80% of the exposed surface must be dry pastel. No oil “pastels.”
- Size limitation maximum 36” x 36” including frame. Over-sized work will not be hung.
- Must be entirely the work of the artist and not copied from other artists or publications
- Must not have been done under supervision (as in a workshop or class)
- Must not have been exhibited before in an APS National Exhibition
- Not copied from published photos or from photos taken by others without permission
- $35 for APS Members (must join or renew for the 2017/2018 membership year AT THE TIME OF ENTRY), $40 for non-members…for up to 3 entries
- Payment on-line at time of entry, and non-refundable (renew/join APS at on-line entry or on APS website)
- If paying by check, checks should be made payable to APS, and sent to show manager. (see address at end of Prospectus)
Every reasonable precaution will be utilized in the handling, storage, and transportation of all works submitted for the exhibit. The Burke Arts Council will provide insurance for works while they are on premises. Artist will be responsible for insurance during transport. Burke Arts Council will provide security for works while at the Jailhouse Gallery.
JUROR, Dawn Emerson (you are invited to visit her website, www.dawnemerson.com)
Dawn’s career began with graphic design and illustration in the late 70’s. Her professional career in book design and art direction gave way to a passion for teaching art to children in the public schools when she moved westward with her family in 1985. Since then, Dawn has taught pastel, drawing, and design classes to all ages and levels in the US and Canada, and at the Community College of Central Oregon where she now lives. In 1991 she fell in love with pastels after meeting portrait artist Harley Brown, and has spent the past 25 years creating art, teaching, and working to push the boundaries of the pastel medium. Since 2008 Dawn has expanded her work to include printmaking, which has led to new and exciting directions for her art expression. Dawn has produced three instructional DVDs, and is currently writing a book for North Light titled “Pastel Innovations,” to be released in June, 2017. Her work and articles are included in many art books and magazines, and she has been a signature member of the Pastel Society of America since 1997.
Dawn will conduct a 4-day workshop in conjunction with this show. She will attend the reception.
- Online entry using CaFE. Go to www.callforentry.org and sign in or register for a user account.
- Up to 3 images (up to 2 accepted to show per artist)
- JPEG format
- 72 dpi, no smaller than 1920 pixels on longest side, file size maximum 3 MB
- No file-naming restrictions. Juror will not see the file name.
- JPEGs must not show mat, frame, etc., and must be an accurate representation of the artwork
- For help, refer to “How To Create CDs for Art Show Entry” on APS website. (www.appalachianpastelsociety.org click on DOWNLOAD tab at top of page.
- If you still need help, contact show manager, firstname.lastname@example.org . A volunteer will be assigned to help you.
- Entrants failing to deliver accepted work will be denied eligibility to APS show for 2 years.
PRESENTATION OF ARTWORK
- Framed under glass or acrylic
- If mats used, must be white or off-white. Paintings with colored mats will be hung, but not judged.
- Ready to hang with flat hooks and strong wire. No saw-tooth hangers.
- APS reserves right to refuse any painting that does not meet professional gallery standards
DELIVERY AND PICKUP Delivery and pickup details will be sent with acceptance to show.
- Work must be for sale.
- Price may not be changed after submission
- The Burke Arts Council will receive 30% commission on all sales
- Payment for sold artwork will be made to the artist at the close of the exhibit.
SHOW MANAGER: (If paying by check, send to this address. Checks payable to APS.)
P.O Box 582
Hiawassee, GA 30546
email@example.com (317) 695-5154